27 March 2008

Sunshiney Smiles While Gritting Your Teeth Hurts

Suzy Sunshine is at it again. This overly chipper, so sugary sweet ‘I’m getting cavities just by sitting in the same room’ as her is getting old. I mean seriously, is it her goal to kill me today? Because I think this crap just might do it right now.

To make matters worse, she’s mad at me. Oh, what ever could I have done to make her mad? Aside from my “rude email” with “a bad tone,” I’ve upset her by saying that she’s not productive enough. And, truth be told, she’s not.

We’ve both been working on the same project all week. (Definitely a hazing project if I’ve ever seen one,) and magically I’ve completed it 5x faster than her. No exaggeration this time either.

For every ONE she completes, I complete 5.

What is up with that? I mean I’ve been able to take personal calls, go to lunches and client meetings AND read Perez Hilton religiously and I’m STILL 5x as fast as her. Something does not add up here.

So I told her, “Crosswords and personal phone calls must wait until after you actually do your work.” This was definitely not the thing to say. Suzy Sunshine fast became Suzy Raincloud, as tears welled up before I could even blink. Is it so wrong of me to want my assistant to do her job before playing around? She should at least keep better pace, right?

Right. Because I know I’m right here. This job is so far from work sometimes, but unbelievably we do actually have to work sometimes. Go figure. Suzy makes for an awful pledge. No wonder she wasn’t in a sorority in college. No wonder…

No comments: