19 March 2008

This is the dawning of the Age of Sorority...

In every great city, there are the elite. Those members, who through private cocktail parties, formal teas and pseudo-philanthropic balls (which cost nearly as much to throw as they actually raise) control our daily lives. Some are the movers and the shakers, while others are play the much more subtle, submissive role in getting things done. Regardless of type, they are always there and the masses hang on their every word, obeying their every command.

I’m not one of these elite. I do however live in their world. From perfectly pressed suits to flawless hair and makeup, to the pearls that I’d never leave home without – I’m all in.

But really, whatever, whatever, whatever. I know, I know, the last thing you want to read is another blog from a prima donna, spoiled little rich girl.

Have no fear! I am far from that. Instead I live in a part of this world that even I find hard to believe some days (and you’ll see, I’ve seen so many things that not believing is most impressive), but I’m not a pretentious part of it.

Instead, I’m a go-getter. A quintessential Type-A. An overly involved, business savvy 20-something with lots to say, and now the perfect place to say it all.

So where does the sorority come in? Not the way you think. Rest-assured, despite the fact that I donned the most spectacular Greek letters while in college, the world of sororities still seem to overwhelm my life. The “elite” that I mentioned before pretty much live the life of a sorority girl (or fraternity boy),but the only difference is that we’re not in college now.

From recruiting “new members” (pledges for the old school) to join their ranks, to the hazing mentality of it all, and even to the fancy dress-up dinners – “Sorority” has taken over. And here is where I’ll talk about it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure we could be best friends in real life.

so glad i stumbled upon your blog...looking forward to reading!!

xo, bb